Hugo Thumbnail Studies

This studies are from the movie Hugo from Scorcese, this movie won the Oscar of cinematography and it is a very good reference in terms of composition. I started a new course in CGMA with Jason Scheier and our first class was about composition and thumbs, it was a good moment to study the Scorcese film and learn more about camera shots and perspective. Special thanks to my new classmates that opened a discussion about basic fundamentals, hard edges and details, this things help me a lot. It's nice to meet new friends in this art journey. Here are the thumbs, I hope you like.  


11 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment. nice thumbnails man - jason is a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris! Jason is an awesome guy, he is a very good artist and is very humble! Do you take an workshop with him?

      Delete
  2. Hey I thought these BW comps looked like a similar assignment...I took that class last term as well. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing work!! Loved the tones!! Is there anyway you can post a step by step way of how you did these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nikhita! Thanks for comment. I'm working in one step by step for you.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey Marcelo! Thank you man! I love the work that you are doing in Hotel Transylvania, the Mill scene are gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Hey Es! these are gorgeous! great work! your work keeps getting more and more beautiful! Looking forward to more of your posts, Looks like an awesome class! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reem! The was been very nice, I'm doing a lot of work there. Keep contact, I'll post them all.

      Delete